Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: Realmbuilder - Blue Flame Cavalry

When I listened to this album the first few times I was seriously wondering why they didn’t get a different singer. The vocal qualities just didn’t seem to match the guitars. A pity, or so it seemed.

After listening to it a few times, in different settings, I grew to like it a little more though. The vocals plus the use of a couple of instruments quite uncommon to the metal genre, create a medieval sort of music. You feel like you’re at a campfire way back in the day listening to a bard telling you tales of lands unknown. Whether that is something you like…. Well, that is up to you.

Honestly, I had never heard of this duo before, and I think I know why. I don’t think this is something a very wide public might listen to. Only a select group might enjoy this kind of metal. I wouldn’t even call it metal honestly. Still, the music in itself is not bad at all. It’s just that the combination of the uncommon instruments, the vocals and the few guitar riffs takes a certain kind of liking.

Written by Gonny de Rooij

No comments:

Post a Comment